Sundays used to be the day for waking up late, a long brunch, spending time in pyjamas all day long. It sounds amazing, like a perfect Sunday. But at the end of the day, you’ll feel so overwhelmed because you’re not prepared for the first day of the week. Ends up trying to get everything done in Monday morning so it ruins your morning routine, everything you need to get done in the morning will be waiting, you’ll start procrastinating.
Booking some time for yourself on Sunday can change everything. It can take between 30 mins to 2-3 hrs. depending on what you need to do for the week. It can be a relaxing bath, painting nails, doing face mask, lunch meal prep for the week, grocery shopping, cooking meals in batches, planning your week on your planner, arranging clothes to wear for special events or work.
Here are a few tips to get more things done on the weekend:
- Before Monday, make sure you have a list for the things that you HAVE to get done for the week. So they won’t get lost in between daily, not-so-important to-do lists.
- Refresh your handbag. This is something I try to do every Sunday. Even if i put the same things in the bag, I chuck them all on my bed and do a cleaning. Receipts, gums, leftover food, all needs to go. Maybe you don’t need to carry pads, tampons this week, put them back in where they belong. Put the things you need for the week and move on.
- Since you’ll be busy in the weekdays, prepare your food in advance. Make jar salads, prepare healthy snacks, little boxes with nuts, seeds and dried fruits to keep you going. Grains and beans can be stored for at least 3-4 days in the fridge. If you can, make a meal plan and cook the things that will take a long time in the weekdays. You can try to cook them and store in the freezer, that will save a lot of time.
- If you have a second job, like running a blog or selling your handmade creations, there is no time better than weekends to get these things done.
- Check for new updates on your computer. (There’s always one!). Also clear your desktop, folder everything, get rid of the files you don’t need. And if it makes you feel motivated, change your desktop wallpaper.
- If you drink coffee in Monday morning, set your coffee maker at night, put coffee and water so in the morning you won’t waste time preparing it, you’ll just press the button and get your coffee.
- If you have too much work to do that week, make sure you take some time for yourself. Just be prepared for the busy time. Get your sleep, relax in a nice bubble bath or a steamy shower. Spend time with your loved ones.